Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Spring Camera Petaloo and G45

 Hello all of you wonderful Petaloo fans!! So are ya ready for Spring yet?! Well I am! I am sooo ready for the greens to reappear and the flowers to start blooming. Uggg all the gloom of winter and the cold needs to go away! LOL  The Spring weather always brings out the shutterbug in me. I wanted my project to kinda reflect that. :) I played with some GORGEOUS papers from G45 the "Mon Amour" collection and boy oh boy some YUMMY Petaloo flowers!! It was a blast! These 2 dance so well together!

 So what's a girl to do with so much Yumminess?! Hummm.. I dived in head first on a project I have wanted to do for a very long time! The vintage papers from G45 just begged me to do a vintage project.. Spring knocking on our doors, and the strong desire for some sunny warmth, and my camera well.. I decided to do a vintage camera.  I have wanted to do one of these since I seen one that Tara's place had done few years back. Time had never been on my side to give it a go. I had that time now, so off to work I went to make my version of a vintage camera.. I made the entire piece. No pre made box.. Just a bit of imagination, and some inspo from old cameras pics. My inspo was from a Vintage Ellison Kodak camera. It was meant to be compact a pocket style. It still had the bellows like even older cameras. Fit my idea to the T.. Here is my project..

IMG_2603

 I sooo loved the elegant black and white papers from the G45 "Mon Amour" collection! I wanted to give my camera a elegant look to it. These worked well too! Also I could use any color of flowers too! This little dandy is loaded with Petaloo delights! The textures and soft colors well I was in heaven! The papers I used was the Precious One and the True love sheets. I was thrilled to see that this paper pack had 3 sheets of each! Yay!! Plenty to work with for this project! It even had sweet little butterflies so I could adorn my flowers and camera with them! How about another view?..

IMG_2601

 Lots of surface area to plant my little flower garden of sorts! I used 6 different bloom styles. I love to arrange different sizes in my clusters. I used Textured Elements Burlap Blossoms 4pk Ivory and Textured Elements Burlap Blossoms 10pk. These gave me the vintage white/ivory from my paper. For my pop of color I used some Botanica Blooms 4pk in coral, Mixed Blossoms 8pk in antique peach and Mini Daisy Petites also in Antique Peach. Just a bit of black to mix in my flower cluster too I used the Black Forget me Nots. Oh i had lots left over too! I am glad, because I will also make a mini using this collection to go inside the Camera. Yup I even have a place for the mini Album to go.. Let me show you!

The back of the camera closed..
IMG_2607

The back of the camera opened..
IMG_2608

 I tried to get done, to get the mini done as well.. But sometimes things just don't work out like ya planned. A nasty cold slowed me down and a little bit of redos too. The bellows a kinda tricky at first.. It took a couple of tries to get them down, but now I think I could do them in my sleep! LOL Here are some close ups..
IMG_2600

IMG_2604

IMG_2605
 Lots of Creative Embellishment chippies and Flying Unicorn adornments to bring the camera to life. From the decorative pieces to the lens. It was a blast to make! I hope you enjoyed, and have a chance to put a project together you have been putting off too! Happy that I waited. Because these papers and Petaloo blooms was perfect for this camera!

Petaloo products used:
Penny Lane Forget me Nots Black
Penny Lane Mini Daisy Antique Peach
Penny Lane Mixed Blooms Antique Peach
Botanica Blooms 4 Pk Coral
Textured Elements Burlap Blossoms 4pk and 10pk in Ivory.

Graphic 45 "Mon Amour" collection

Other Items Used:
Creative Embellishments Circles, Moroccan panels 2 differents sizes, Vintage Keys
Flying Unicorn Adornments
13 Arts silver pearl paint
Rub and buff Pewter
black cardstock
Black Foam board
Cheery Lynn Flourish dies
Bits and pieces from my stash
Ribbon
Thank you so much for joining me today!! Hugs! :)

1 comment: